Everything you need to Know about Nagaland
Posted By Katherine DixonNagaland is a state in India. This is the smallest state of India which has so many beautiful mountains and rivers. Kohima is the capital of Nagaland. This state is a mix up of different tribes. Some of the most popular tribes are,
HistoryNagaland has no precise history. It is very hard to tell who comes here first and settle here. But one thing is sure that people who come here were mostly from East India. Captain Jenkins was the first European who visits the Naga Hills in 1832. It was the time when East India Company was entered in South Asia. Naga is a word of the Burmese language. Which means people with wearing earrings.
AtmosphereThe atmosphere of Nagaland is wet and dry. This type of atmosphere is called the Monsoonal atmosphere. The temperature in winters is around about 4-degree centigrade and in summers, it climbs up to 25-degree centigrade. Rainfall in Nagaland is about 2000 to 2500 mm annual.
People of NagalandAs I discuss in the beginning that there are so many tribes that are living in Nagaland. Different tribes are living in Nagaland and that’s why it has so many different cultures. The basic and most popular religion in Nagaland is Animistic. But there are other religions as well. Hindu, Muslims, Christians are one of them.
Popular Things in Nagaland
- War Cemetery: If you are planning to visit Nagaland then I suggest you to must visit the war cemetery. War cemetery is made is the memory of World War II.
- Kohima Museum: Are you a fan of history? If yes, then the Kohima Museum is one of the best things you should see. Get a tour to the museum and enjoy the ancient Naga things.
- Kohima Zoo: This is another very fascinating place to visit in Nagaland. In Kohima zoo, you can see different and unique kinds of birds and animals.
- Nagaland State Lottery: Are you a lotto player? If you are then this state is for lotto players. Nagaland state lottery is very famous in Nagaland.
- Naga Bazar: it sounds very odd if you visit a special place and you do not buy something from there, right? Of course, it is. So if you want to buy something from Nagaland, then you should visit the Naga Bazar.