If you have slicing knives, paring and vegetable knives as well as cleaver in your kitchen then you should be knowing about their ideal and not so ideal functions and uses. Sooner, we will give you updated knowledge on Damascus steel knife but here our focus will be on the ideal uses which are delivered by different kitchen knives.
Slicing Knife- Ideal number of functions performed by it
- It works in a similar way as we have these carving knives. These knives comprise long, thin blades. These blades either come in a rounded form or available in a pointed tip form.
- These knives carry a more flexible blade as compared to the blades of carving knives. For the reason that they are mainly used for cutting thinner slices of roast and fruits, vegetables. Detailed info on handmade skinning knives will be put up as well.
- 8-14 inches is the length range of these knives. If the person wants to slice and carve down thin cuts of meat like that of chicken, pork or beef, venison or fish, then this knife has to be used. For the preparation of fruit for salads, then for preparing vegetables, this is a recommended knife for you.
- One should not use this knife for cleaving meat bones or doing small precision tasks. This includes peeling and mincing.
Paring Knives– How can you make the best use of them?
- This paring knife is somewhat a small and short-bladed knife. It is used if you want to do intricate cutting and peeling. Even if you want to do mincing and dicing, then this particular knife is used. Its blades are all sharp, simple and too precise.
- 3.5-4 inches is the estimated length range of this knife. A few of this knife type also come in 2.5-inch ranges. For cutting and peeling small fruits and vegetables, this is a suitable knife. Moreover, for deseeding fruits and deveining prawns, this is one of the appropriate knives.
- Make sure that you do not utilize this knife if you are preparing or slicing meat. For jobs like that of carving and deboning, do not ever use this knife. For cutting tougher vegetables, this includes pumpkin or squash, you can simply grab this knife then!
Vegetable knives- Ideal and top uses performed by them
- A vegetable knife is primarily and exclusively utilized if you want to cut vegetables. Like for the job of preparing vegetables, cutting, chopping and slicing, dicing, then simply use this knife.
- But if you want to cut and cleave meat, for slicing bread, this knife is not an ideal knife then!
Cleaver- multipurpose uses offered by it
- The cleaver is also called with the name of ‘butcher’s knife’. This is a thick and heavy-set knife which comprises a sharply beveled edge. Almost all butchers and restaurants use this knife for preparing their meat.
- In order to split meat from the bone, this knife is primarily used. Like if you want to split meat from beef, pork or from chicken, thick types of meat, then this is hence one of the suitable knives which you can use.
- Then for splitting larger thicker vegetables, a cleaver is used. We do have smaller cleavers available in the market and they are utilized for quickly dicing fruits and vegetables.
Let us know which knife you are master in using!