QuickBooks desktop users can record refunds from vendors. To correctly record the refund in QB, you need to choose the appropriate scenario & perform some necessary steps for recording the refund in QB.
Method 1- Seller sends you a refund check for the bill paid
- You need to record the deposit of the seller check-
- Then you need to go in the banking menu & tap on the make deposits option.
- After that, you will see the payment to deposit windows, then you need to click on OK.
- Then, you have to go in the make deposit windows, tap on the received from the drop-down & select the seller who has sent you the refund.
- Now, in the from account drop-down, you should select the correct accounts payable account.
- Then go in the account column, also, you need to fill the exact value of the seller check.
- You have to enter the memo, and the check number, payment order, & the class though this is optional.
- At last, tap on the save & close option.
2- you should keep a record of all the bill credit for the refunded value-
- Click on the seller menu option & choose enter bills section.
- Then choose the “credit option button” to estimate for the replacement of goods.
- Then you need to enter the name of the seller.
- Also, tap on the expenses tab & you have to enter the accounts in the initial bill.
- Tap or click on the amount column, then you need to write the correct amount for every account.
- Tap on save & close.
3- Submit the link to deposit the bill:
- Click on the seller menu, and choose the pay bills.
- Also, you need to verify deposit which should match the seller check amount.
- Choose “set credits” & use for the bill credit you generated previous then tap on done.
- At last, you have to tap on the pay chosen bills and tap on done.
Method 2- Seller sends you a refund check for the refunded inventory products
- You need to keep the deposit of the seller check.
- Then you will see the payment to deposit windows will appear, then tap on OK.
- After that, you need to go in the make deposit windows, tap on the received from the drop-down & choose the seller who has sent you the refund.
- Now, you need to go from the account drop-down, choose the correct accounts payable accounts option.
- Click on the amount column, and enter the actual amount of the seller check.
- Also, you have to enter all the remaining info in the deposit account.
- At last, tap on save and close.
2- You have to record the bill credit for the refund products:
- First click on the seller menu, choose to enter bills option.
- Choose the credit option into the account for the refund of items.
- Also, you have to enter the name of the seller.
- Now,tap on the item tab, and enter the returned product with the similar value of amounts in the returned check.
- Now, tap on the save & close option.
Hopefully, you will get the best steps to record the seller refund in QB desktop. In case, you are not able to do it, then you should make a call on support phone number for quickbooks online. The support team will offer you all the relevant information in a proficient manner.
In this post, you will get how you can record the seller refund in QB desktop. And what you need to do when the seller sends you a refund check for already paid bills. And for better info, you can make a connection with the support executives via support number.